Trial balance User and Bank Account category nominal change

Hi,

We have noticed today that the User and Bank Account nominals returned from the GET Trial Balance endpoint have changed, compared to what we have been receiving over the past few weeks.

Example:
Old nominal = 901-[UserId]
New nominal = 901-1 (same as Trial Balance in web UI)

Can you clarify that this is an intended change?

Also we would like to know if there any other changes like this coming up for Trial Balance and Journals related endpoints. I have looked around the API documentation and cannot see a change log with the TB nominal change, is there a mailing list we could get updates from?

Kind regards

Adam

Hi Adam,

Apologies for this, it is not an intended change.

We’ve been making some changes to how we store the codes internally and this has leaked out into the API responses. We’ll get a update pushed out to restore the old behaviour.

Currently there are no upcoming changes planned for the trial balance API endpoints, but any changes we do make will be announced here in this newsgroup.

Thanks
Donal

Hi Donal,

Thank you for the response.

We actually prefer the way in which the nominals are being returned now as otherwise we have to include extra logic to match the User Id to the display user nominal code from the Trial Balance.

We will keep checking this resource for any further changes.

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam,

We changed this back to the old behaviour now. I appreciate that you would had preferred the new result, but we need to maintain the existing behaviour to avoid breaking other integrations.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience we’ve caused you.

Regards
Donal

Hi Donal,

Thank you for correcting this.

Can I also ask, is there a simple way of matching the user/bank nominal coming back as part of the trial balance GET API call with the display nominal that the web UI shows.

For example:
Nominal from Trial Balance GET API request = 901-[UserId]
Nominal as shown on the Trial Balance report on FreeAgent website = 901-1

Is there an easy way of matching these up without doing loads of API calls to Get Category? We are running into rate limits when doing it this way.

Kind regards

Adam