Sudden change to description category 609, API only?

I have a long-running application making journal entries to Free Agent which has been working fine. I run the application every 3-4 weeks.

Today it stopped working. I retrieve all categories in order to find the “Stock” category 609 by name. But suddenly, I can’t find the “Stock” category. Running my application in the debugger, I can see that the description for the 609 category is “Stock Item”, and there is no longer a category with the “Stock” description.

Here it is as a python dict:
(Pdb) self.all_categories[‘general_categories’][25]
{u’url’: u’https://api.freeagent.com/v2/categories/609’, u’nominal_code’: u’609’, u’description’: u’Stock Item’}

HOWEVER, if I look at historic journal entries in the web UI, category 609 still appears as “Stock”.

Questions for Free Agent:

1. Has there been a change to the description of category 609? If so, why?
  2. Why is this different description only appearing in the API, not the web UI.

I tried raising this issue on the helpline, but they re-directed me here, as this is where the Free AGent API engineers hang out…

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thanks for pointing this out. The name shouldn’t have changed - we’ll get this fixed and will get back to you when it’s done.

Thanks
Donal

Hi Paul,

The API should now be returning a description of “Stock” for category 609.

Thanks
Donal