Specifying a category/ledger account on invoice items

Hello,

I’ve built out an integration to create invoices in FreeAgent when Stripe pays out to my bank account.

When looking over some of the invoices my integration has generated, I’ve noticed that all of the invoice items use the default category, ‘Sales’.

However, I have a custom category I wish to use for these invoice items so I can split them up for reporting reasons.

There’s no obvious parameter for this in the documentation for the invoice item attributes.

If I have a change the category of an invoice item in the UI and take a look at the network requests, I can see it makes an update to the general_ledger_account_id for the invoice item.

Is there any way to do this from within the API & if not, is possible to add it (obviously in the New Year)?

Hi Duncan,

You need the category attribute (my app has supported this for a few years so I can vouch that it does what you want).

Yours,
Andrew

1 Like

Thanks Andrew! I’ll give that a go shortly & feedback.

That worked, thanks!

Somehow I missed that when reviewing the list of available attributes :man_facepalming:

Somehow I missed that…

It’s easily done, especially when you start to read the same thing over and over :slight_smile:

Glad it worked!