Sending this email would exceed your allowance of 500 emails sent every 24 hours

Today our scripted monthly invoice run failed part-way through with error message:

Failed to send email: Sending this email would exceed your allowance of 500 emails sent every 24 hours (HTTP status 422).

I didn’t previously see any communications about any API changes which would cause this to happen. I emailed FreeAgent support but they said I should ask for help in this forum.

Can anyone please advise me how to urgently remove the email limit so that we can continue to send monthly invoices as we have done every month for many previous years?

Our script is already self-limiting its requests to under 500/hour.

Thanks
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for getting in touch. This wasn’t an API-specific change, but a general update on daily email limits within the application itself, which in turn affected API usage.

I have increased the daily email limit for your company so that you can continue to send these emails to your clients as normal.

Kind regards,
Katie

Thanks for your fast reply Katie. I am happy to say that our invoicing script is working normally again now.

Kind regards
Glenn