Seems to be error with Contact API

Hi,

I’ve been cranking on this for the last hour or so to make sure I’m not getting it wrong, but I believe there is a bug in updating Contacts using the Contact API.

More specificially, it relates to only ONE field: “status”

The API docs state that options are “Active” and “Hidden”, but no matter what I try, I cannot change the “status” attribute of a contact using the API.

I can alter any other Contact Attribute (that I’ve tested), but when I try updating “status”, the request is responded to as normal, but the contact data I receive back from the request, and if I lookup the contact again, the “status” attribute is UNCHANGED.

This is not a API implementation failure - we are successfully creating/deleting/updating contacts, invoices, bills etc. without issue. But the contact status is the only thing we cannot seem to alter using the API.

Is this expected behaviour? If so, it’s not documented in the API documentation, and if not, a fix to this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There does appear to be a bug on our end that prevents a contact’s status attribute being set.

We’ll get a fix out as soon as we’re able.

Regards,

Hayden

Great, thanks for looking into that.

If you could throw a ball-park eta out there, what do you think it’d look like?

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

Apologies - I missed your reply.

The good news is that the fix was shipped this morning, so you should now be able to set a contact’s
status to Hidden or Active and see that reflected in API responses and the FreeAgent UI.

Regards,

Hayden

Great, thanks for this!