Regarding Manual sales tax amount can't be larger than the total value

Hi,

I am creating a credit note.

See Image 1, it doesn’t accept due to a total value larger than tax value.

See Image 2, it accepts a total value larger than tax value

Why is this the case?

Please note even though I have used USD as a currency I have assumed the customer and supplier are based in the UK with normal VAT rules.

Same problem occurs via the API.

Please go through attached files, image_1.png, image_2.png

Hi Nishit,

The reason you’re receiving this error is due to a somewhat unrealistic USD/GBP exchange rate (0.10021) that we currently have on sandbox – currency exchange rates in that environment are generated randomly rather than being pulled from an external data source. This causes the GBP value of your bill to be lower than you would normally expect (i.e. lower than the VAT Reclaimable amount you’re trying to add to your bill).

I’m going to have a chat with my colleagues to see if we can update these arbitrary exchange rates to something more realistic – I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Best wishes,

Ewa

Hi Nishit,

We’ve now added some more realistic currency exchange rates to the sandbox environment (with USD to GBP conversion now standing at 0.84790), which should resolve the problem you encountered, albeit with one caveat – to avoid changing historical records, the new exchange rates will only apply to items dated from today onward, so as long as your foreign currency bills are dated 27th October or later, you’ll benefit from the new, more accurate set of rates.

Best wishes,

Ewa

Hi,

Brilliant, the updated currency rate has now resolved our issue.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like