Profit & Loss endpoint issue

I have a problem with the Profit & Loss endpoint. Even if I change parameters from, to in the request, I get the same response. For example, with such a request (accounting/profit_and_loss/summary?from=2019-02-01&to=2019-02-28), I receive response from 2020-12-31 - 2021-03-23. Similar endpoints work fine for Trial balance and Cashflow reports.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our API Forum! I’m afraid the P&L summary endpoint doesn’t currently accept date filters, as the documentation states it can only return the profit and loss for the current accounting period. However, it is something that has been requested before, so on the back of your post I’ve now upvoted the feature request to support custom P&L date ranges in our internal tracking tool.

Best wishes,

Ewa

Any thoughts about how long that process could take?

Could I have another vote for P&L data on the API please? It’s a huge hole in the API and would be completely useful.

Hello nick.upswot2021 and DanHarrison :wave:

I know your original messages were posted a while back, but just in case you or anyone else returns to this thread, I wanted to let you know that we now support a date parameterised Profit and Loss report via the API. You can find the docs here .

Please do let us know if you use the new endpoint and anything doesn’t work as expected.

Thanks!

Stu McEwan,
Senior Product Manager, Practice Growth