Journal & Ledger entry

How to get journal and ledger entry for any type of transaction

Hi Nitish,

I’m afraid our API doesn’t surface information about ledger entries for specific transactions (invoices, expenses, bills etc), you can only retrieve details of manual journal sets (and opening balances) using the journal_sets endpoint, and obtain total balances in general ledger accounts with the trial_balance endpoints. Could you give me a bit more context about what you’re aiming to achieve to see if I can offer a workaround or write up a feature request for our team?

Best wishes,

Ewa

Actually i want to make a ledger report that is my main moto . Like xero provides .In xero if you create invoice or making a payment of invoice or making refund of credit note then a entry auto genrated in journal. The same thing i am searching here.

Hi Nitish,

Thanks a lot for your response. Just to clarify this a bit further, would you be looking to obtain information about every credit/debit (ledger entries) for every transaction per accounting category – similarly to how the FreeAgent web app shows this information in the Show Transactions report? Or are you wanting to be able to query specific items e.g an invoice or a bank transaction, and see the ledger effects at that level? I’m afraid neither is supported by our API at the moment but understanding what your requirements would be will help me write up a better feature request for our team.

Best wishes,

Ewa

Thank you for your reply, My requirement is i need a Api as Show Transaction information provides.

Thanks for clarifying, Nitish! I’ve now upvoted the feature request we have for this functionality here: https://trello.com/c/TWingTrI/62-expose-the-show-transactions-report

Although we do receive a large volume of feature requests, we do make every effort to implement the more popular features based on demand and available resources. I cannot guarantee that a Show Transactions endpoint will become a live feature, but I can assure you that it will be reviewed by our Product Team.

Best wishes,

Ewa

Hello,

Is it still the case that only manual journal sets are stored in the journal_sets endpoint? Is there any way to identify all other ledger entries for specific transactions that aren’t included in this endpoint?

Thanks,
Rebecca

Hello Nitish_Kumar and rpearson :wave:

I know your original messages were posted a while back, but just in case you or anyone else returns to this thread, I wanted to let you know that we now support the Show Transactions report via the API. You can find the docs here .

Please do let us know if you use the new endpoint and anything doesn’t work as expected.

Thanks!

Stu McEwan,
Senior Product Manager, Practice Growth