I have recently been encountering this error when trying to add explanations via the API:
ec_status can't be set because the transaction date is outside the VAT registration period
For example, one transaction I’m trying but failing to explain is dated 3 March 2020 (yesterday).
Given the error message I tried to find out what the company’s VAT registration period actually is. But I’m not sure how. Here are some fields that look like they might be relevant:
- sales_tax_registration_status: Registration applied for
- sales_tax_registration_number: nil
- sales_tax_effective_date: 2019-05-01
- sales_tax_deregistration_effective_date: nil
- ec_vat_reporting_enabled: true
- supports_auto_sales_tax_on_purchases: true
Please could you tell me how to determine the VAT registration period?
Also, is it correct to pass the
ec_status field in the explanation’s arguments when (and only when)
ec_vat_reporting_enabled is true?