Free Agent Authorizarion error

Hi All,

I am trying to authorize the free agent account by using the API - https://api.freeagent.com/v2/approve_app? with the following URL parameters ( client_id,response_type, redirect_uri, state)

it is redirecting to free agent login when I am trying to login with the credentials instead of giving the code it is throwing the error like "

Sorry, there’s been a problem

This app is only for accountants. Please get in touch with the author of the application you’re trying to approve."

Kindly anyone please help me on this.

Thanking you in advance.

Thanks,
Sirisha.

Hi Sirisha,

My name is Dave and I am one of the Support Engineers here at FreeAgent. I’ve just spotted your message and realised that you didn’t receive a reply, I’m sorry that this somehow flew under our radar.

From the error you’re seeing, it sounds like you’re trying to use end-user credentials to authenticate with an application that’s built for accountants. Accountants have a different set of credentials that are used to access their dashboard so, if you wish to use an integration that’s built for accountants, you’ll need to use credentials used to access your dashboard.

I hope this helps,
Dave J