API for creating and deleting a category

Hi

Is it possible to create or delete a category (general ledger account) with the use of the API. I see that it does offer a place to list of categories (general ledger accounts).

Hi @p-tryk,

Ewa here from the Engineering Team at FreeAgent — thanks for your message on our forum. At the moment, our API only supports listing all categories and showing a single category (as you’ve mentioned, they’re both documented here). Creating and deleting accounting categories is not something we’ve made available to API users yet. If you think it would be a useful addition, could you give me a bit more information about why this is important to you and how you would use it in your integration? The more information the better, as it will help me write up an accurate feature request for our Product Team to consider.

Although we do receive a large volume of feature requests, we do make every effort to implement the more popular features based on demand and available resources. I cannot guarantee that your suggestion will become a live feature, but I can assure you that it will be reviewed by our Product Team.

Best wishes,

Ewa

Thanks @Ewa_Lipinska, creating or deleting accounting categories would possibly allow for different categories depending on a businesses industry for example. At this stage I am just testing out the API.

Thanks for the feedback – I’ll pass it on to our Project Manager – and happy testing!