Add Email Feature Broken

Your Add Email feature found on the profile page is broken.

The account confirmation email is sent and received successfully but the clicking on the provided link (e.g. https://api-discuss.freeagent.com/users/authorize-email/b342a272ea6907275034b59d56b01046) results in a " Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private." error.

I am unable to change my email address.

For a step-by-step guide to recreating this issue, please review this video screencast: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

David.

Hi David,

Thanks for alerting us to this issue - I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having this trouble. I’ve had a go at replicating this within my own account, following the steps you’ve shown in your video. However in my case the link has worked for me both on the initial email and when re-sending it.

Could you please confirm that this issue is still happening for you?

Kind regards,
Andrew

Support Engineer
FreeAgent

Andrew,

'fraid so. See here.

David.

Hi David,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve found the source of this problem and it’s in the construction of the URL you need to follow to confirm your new email address. I’m going to look into updating our email templates so that the correct link is sent out. However, in the meantime you should be able to get it to work by resending the confirmation email and editing the link to say confirm-new-email rather than authorize-email.

I hope this helps. If you have any further issues with this, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Andrew Rodger

Support Engineer
FreeAgent

Andrew,

I just requested a new confirmation and it had your new URL, which worked perfectly. Glad I could help.

Regards,
David.