When to expect written_off_date

I’m using the API to grab the written_off_date from Invoices. Except for some Invoices (that are written off) it’s not provided. The only difference I can see is that possibly these Invoices are Part Written Off. Either way I just need to know what to expect as documentation is limited.

Please help

Hi Jon,

Ewa here from the Engineering Team at FreeAgent — I’m sorry to hear you’ve had some trouble and I’ll do my best to help out.

I’m afraid at present our API will return the written_off_date only if there are no existing payments associated with the invoice in question — which means it will only get returned for invoices which have been fully written off. I realise this is not ideal, so I’ve added support for the written_off_date on part written-off invoices as an improvement request to our public FreeAgent API Development board here: https://trello.com/c/cwPRSywA/60-return-writtedoffdate-for-part-written-off-invoices.

I hope that clarifies things for you Jon, but please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,
Ewa