Create Invoice from Estimate

Is it possible to create an Invoice from an Estimate and set the Estimate status to Invoiced via the API?

The documentation doesn’t provide a way to do this, and setting the Status to “Invoiced” results in an “status is not valid” error.

Hi there,

Thanks for your message and my apologies for the (very) delayed response to your query.

I’m afraid that, right now, our API doesn’t expose an end-point for converting an estimate to an invoice. I can confirm, however, that we’re developing this feature as part of an upcoming update to our iOS mobile app, at which point we’ll publish the end-point and update our estimates documentation.

We’ll endeavour to drop you a note once this new API action becomes available, though please do keep an eye on the documentation, too :ok_hand:

Kind regards,
Dave J

Hi,

Still trying to do this but the documentation doesn’t provide any new information, was this implemented?

Thanks

Cool cool cool, love being ignored :grinning:

Hi there,

Firstly, apologies for the radio silence on this; it looks like we dropped the ball, and I’m sorry you had to chase us for updates.

The good news is that the endpoint you’re looking for does now exist on the API, and the documentation has been updated. You can now convert an Estimate to an Invoice using PUT https://api.freeagent.com/v2/estimates/:id/transitions/convert_to_invoice.

I hope that helps you out; and once again I’m sorry that we didn’t get back to you sooner.

Cheers,
Chris Howlett
Freeagent.