This invoice cannot be sent as EC Services are out of scope of VAT

I don’t seem to be able to specify an invoice as EC Services.
I do have the select box, but then i get this error when i use it:

1 error prohibited this invoice from being saved

There were problems with the following fields:

• This invoice cannot be sent as EC Services are out of scope of VAT

Please advise?

thanks

Murray

Hi Murray,

Ewa here from the Engineering Team at FreeAgent — I’m sorry to hear you’ve had some trouble and I’ll do my best to help out.

As the first troubleshooting step, could I ask you to check that none of the invoice items have VAT on them? If the invoice you marked as EC Services has any items which include VAT, this would make it invalid (since EC Services are out of scope of VAT).

Best wishes,

Ewa

Hi Ewa

Thank you for getting in touch.

There’s just one item and no there’s no VAT set on it. The contact is set as Germany, so that shouldn’t happen if i understand correctly.

Murray

Hi Murray,

Thanks for checking for stray VAT on your problematic invoice – looks like we might need to do a bit more digging into this!

So that I can locate your unsuccessful request(s) in our logs, and hopefully spot the problem, could I ask that you provide some additional information from the list below?

The name of your app (as registered in Dev Dashboard)
Timestamps of your requests (in UTC)
Which environment are you querying? (production or sandbox)?
Which endpoint(s) the unsuccessful requests have been sent to?
(Optionally) The IP(s) from which your requests are being sent

Thanks,
Ewa

Apologies. I responded to the no-reply email. Please see below my answers:

Hi Ewa

Here’s your answers:

The name of your app (as registered in Dev Dashboard)

Tupelo Limited

Timestamps of your requests (in UTC)

08:52 UTC

Which environment are you querying? (production or sandbox)?

Production

Which endpoint(s) the unsuccessful requests have been sent to?

https://tupelolimited.freeagent.com/invoices/35693801

(Optionally) The IP(s) from which your requests are being sent

My Public IP:

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Murray

Hi Murray,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me. Based on the information you provided, it looks like the error quoted in your original post happened when you were updating your invoice via the FreeAgent web app, rather than by programatically sending a request via our API (which is the type of queries we deal with on this public forum). With that in mind, I’d recommend you speak to our Support Team by e-mailing support@freeagent.com and mentioning the error message you saw when marking your invoice as EC Services. If you generate a support code and quote it in your e-mail, this will allow our Support Agents to take a peak at the invoice in question and help you find the problem.

Best wishes,

Ewa