Assign a default bank account on a per-contact basis

Have you guys explored the idea of setting the bank account for a contact so that it is used as the default bank account on all future invoices to that contact? We have a use case right now where this would be incredibly useful.

1 Like

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for that feedback. That does sound like a niche use case and not one we’ve plans for at this time. I’ll make a note of it in our feature requests database though (more of a general app feature than related to the API).

Cheers,
Paul.

Yes, it would have ramifications for the API and the web UI so understandable that it’s not a small piece of work.

Hi Paul,

Not sure how much of a “niche” case this is. I was about to ask the same question before I saw this thread. I’m currently in this exact situation.

Background: I’ve got international customers who pay in different currencies. If all of that were to go directly into my UK business account, I’d lose out big time due to fees and currency exchange tricks. So I prefer having currency-specific accounts with different wiring information. There’s a Euro account for EU-based, and there’s one in US Dollars for Americans. It’s easy nowadays.

This would make invoicing easier for me. I know it’s been 7 years, but is there any chance this could be reconsidered?